Last Updated: 3/3/2013
For tattoos and scar suggestions, see makeup.
For large pictures and detailed descriptions, go to the
Eddie Props & Details Page by clicking on the links.
Note: right and left are from Eddie's perspective.
- Silver chrome military helmet with black chinstrap
- Black Elvis wig. Bangs. Hair should touch your collar. Sideburns can be bought at a costume shop or drawn in.
- Black sunglasses. We don't see them for long; black plastic frames. Lenses appear to be at least partially reflective.
- Sleeveless black leather
jacket. Lined with leopardskin fabric. (Actually, technically, it's cheetah, not leopard--spots are solid, not hollow. But that's liable to get you blank looks at the fabric store). Jacket should be short. Meat Loaf talks about the jacket (good shots of the back, and a beautiful shot of the totally lined interior) on the 25th Anniversary DVD, disk 2.
- Rounded Y-shaped silver slingshot around neck. The white "lace" it's on is the elastic for the slingshot (note the square cross section).
The final evidence convincing me this was a slingshot, not a wrench, was found at
http://www.slingshots.net - specifically http://www.slingshots.net/slingmag/1999/slingmag1_3/letters.htm . Sadly, the photo at their page no longer displays. I have since held a Milbro slingshot in my hands: the shape and the logo are exact. (If you're wondering why there is no thumb depression visible on Eddie's, Milbro's have a thumb depression on one side only.) They call these "catapults" in the UK and replica Milbros are available; check the Links page or do a couple of Google searches.
- Long thin white fringed scarf. Blood is visible on scarf's right tail.
- Tenor sax on black/red strap.
Worn diagonally over left shoulder. Buy a toy sax. Eddie's sax has no reed or ligature (metal thing that holds the reed). Strap is black leather on one side, with central red stitching on the other side. A real sax looks great, but makes it difficult to dance.
- Black T-shirt with "Eddie" written in cursive on it in dark green glittery paint
The word "Eddie" is underlined. The hems of the sleeves are ripped up. T-shirt is short; Eddie's lower back shows when he bends over the sax and rolls with Columbia.
- Ratty medium dark blue Levi's jeans.
The left knee is ripped out, and there is a large circular denim patch with a hole in the middle on the inner left thigh (stitching around it is navy), and a small patch on the right leg. The Levi's batwing pocket stitching (a rounded "V" pattern) is outlined on both back pockets with small flat circular silver studs (unevenly spaced; about half an inch apart).
On each side of the front of the pants, silver chain is double-looped around the pocket. It's looped from the waistband at about the center of each leg (it's just below the first beltloop on Eddie's right) to below the pocket (about a third of the way towards the sideseam), to the edge of the pocket at the sideseam. There's a photo
- Red suspenders with gold clips. They cross in back to make an "X."
- Gold, very coarsely-grained leather belt worn in belt loops. A black and white photo showing the texture is available
here. D-shaped belt buckle with the rounded part pointing to Eddie's left; one visible leather loop to hold the loose end.
- Black cowboy boots with cutaway yellow detailing.
Cutaway yellow areas are surrounded with green; red stitching. Pants are tucked into boots. Silver chain looped around ankle of left boot.
- Three rings on left hand: pinky, ring finger, &
- Pinky: (disappears during sax solo) black iron cross
- Ring finger: gold ring with unfaceted oval tiger's eye stone (tiger's eye is an opaque brown/blond stone that shimmers as you move it)
- Middle finger: metal ring with gap in band to
right of central design (masks of tragedy and comedy). The masks have been attached onto the base ring; the metal behind the masks is a triangular shape. Larry Viezel, Ashford Wyrd and Shawn Anthony confirm that the ring is a "Beau Sterling" design; they can be found on eBay.